Poetry by Full of Noises
Click on the name of the poem to open a PDF.
- 5 Elements - A short collection of poetry published alongside the album of the same name.
- Beneath Indigo Seas - This poem became the inspiration for a tune, exploring the somewhat fanciful idea of Scillonian 'musical archaeology' - the sense that Scilly's lost indigenous music might in some way be recoverable or 'knowable'.
- Love Spoons - A short collection of poetry written to accompany a pair of wooden spoons whittled from Scillonian elm. Given as a present to my wife.
- Death of a Scilly Shrew
- Garden on Gugh - A tribute to Rhondda Wraith who lived on Gugh and single-handedly sculpted a beautiful garden from its barren sandy soils. It features in a Rough Island Band track, read by islander Mike Hicks.
- I am the Light - Written for the dedication of Oriel Hicks's first stained glass window in St Agnes Church. This AUDIO features the children of St Agnes school and Oriel herself reading the poem.
- Pulling the Boat Up
- Scilly Dawn
- Seasick Scillonian - Enough said...
Other Writing by Full of Noises
Click on the titles to open a PDF.
- The Green Flash - a short story set on Gugh during the Bronze Age.